Tuesday, February 20, 2018

I made it out alive didn't I?


So we did it; we made it through the transfer. If the last 6 weeks were hard for you all, be glad – you probably learned a lot. If they weren't hard for you, well that is sad because you could have learned so much more. Recap of this transfer:
·        The whole mission moved around.
·        Started with 18 missionaries in the zone.
o   Lost 6.
o   Meycauayan Ward is down to 2 missionaries
o   Even with transfers, we are only gonna have 6 companionships in the zone.
·        Elder Ewing and I are staying together
o   We are transferring areas to Malanday Ward
§  That is still in Valenzuela zone
o   We are moving into a much bigger apartment.
·        Moving deeper into the city,
o   Probably gonna die of black lung.
·        We need to teach the missionaries how to teach better
o   I have to learn how to teach so that I can teach others to teach.
·        I started a goal to really read the Book of Mormon in Tagalog.
·        We still are gonna get 28 baptisms in March
o   We had 3 baptisms scheduled for this week
§  1 fell through
§  The other didn’t make it to church for her confirmation.
o   Baptized Krisel who has been waiting to be baptized for like 5 months
·        I got sent some pictures of my birthday celebration a long time ago
·        Life is good but difficult
·        There is pretty much not really stress anymore, stress is just a choice
·        Edi wow

I love you all, in the immortal words of a prophet of our time "If you are not reading the book of Mormon every day, please do so"


The gospel changes people's lives. My cousin Christian challenged everyone to think about things that have changed in their lives because of Jesus Christ and the love of our Father in heaven.

I would like to extend that same invitation to all of you. Take some time to think if your life has changed and in what ways. You can't share the joy of eternal life if you have not felt the change in yourself.

Love

Elder Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment