Monday, January 8, 2018

Welp Transfers




Well that transfer came and went very quickly.

We are having a lot of people moving out of the zone. And as the zone leaders, we have to make sure that everyone has adequate travel arrangements. This will be nothing tho to some of the other stuff we have to do.

I don’t really miss being a district leader. Being a zone leader carries a similar stress level, but it makes me feel like I have a lot more influence in the work of others.

This coming 6 weeks, we are going to focus on getting out and working with the different companionships throughout the zone. We are going to do a lot of exchanges – where we exchange companions with another companionship for a short period of time.
       
Elder Ewing and I are doing pretty well in the work. We are working with people to overcome stumbling blocks. That is pretty much the life of a missionary, you find a problem, you find a way to fix it, and then God fixes it.

We really have to trust God a lot more than we normally do. We have to put all the faith in Him that we can. Almost every problem in the world can be broken down into a problem with our faith. If we think about God as one who loves us, he doesn’t want us to struggle and he doesn’t want life to be overwhelming, He wants us to improve. If we are always relying on Him, and doing everything that we possibly can, we will always have enough faith to make our lives great.
        
The now deceased President Monson (The prophet of the whole world died, and nothing bad happened to the world. God has a pretty good program going here) said something about our futures. He said: "The future is as bright as your faith". That can be applied in a lot of ways. A lot of people go through life with very little hope; we need to trust in our Father and do all we can along the way.
       
I fall very short every day, but I trust God. The most important part of consistent faith is that it allows God to trust us. If you can have God's trust, I am pretty sure that you can do anything.

We are on the downward slope but this really just means I have to try twice as hard right?

My mother said something very interesting that I think can be applied, (it was originally about hiking mountains.) She said: "You have to be twice as careful on the way down, it is harder on your knees and you might slip." In the position that I am in now, I have great opportunities to immerse myself in the work and take a slow ride down the mountain. I am trying to be solidly footed on this path. The mission kind of sets the track for the rest of your life. Also, even in just the last one year I have learned more than the last ten years.
        
Well I have like one million things to do and I am hoping I can even fit in a nap today, so I better go and do before I go and sleep.

Culture: Pabahay. There are these huge structures that are kind of like apartments in America, they are relocation centers. One of these is in our area and we sometimes work there. It is called Disciplina Village. These relocation centers are called Pabahays and that just means someone gives you a house. It is not exactly free but it is like 2 very small rooms you pay off over 10 years. Most of the payments in a month are around 100-300 pesos, which is about 2-6 dollars. A lot of the people that come into these places are moved from very hard situations and placed here for a better life. Because they are so cheap, a lot of the kids that live here don’t have a lot to do during the day. Some of them don’t even go to school because they figure their living space for their whole life is already worked out...

Tagalesson:
Words you will probably never need:
Rainbow: Bahaghari
Sunset: Takipsilim
Sky: Himpapawid
Cloud: Ulap

Yay we made it through another week.

I love you all.

If you want a story when I get home (That I might never have time to type out in email) ask me about the hardest fast I have ever done.

Love
Elder Faulkner






No comments:

Post a Comment