Monday, March 19, 2018

The most effective missionaries are the most annoying


I told you all last time that we have been working with those we teach to have family prayer. The next step in this big plan is to have them read scriptures as a family. We have our families that we text every day, sometimes twice a day, to remind them. We have had 3 families so far apply this at least once, and those families expressed how much us constantly bugging them to do this has helped them. One family, the Pernia Family, was very excited to be able to start and it looks like they will continue family prayer and scripture study. Sometimes people want to do these things but they just lack a constant reminder in their lives. As missionaries we provided the reminder for them to do it.

This week we saw a lot more progression in our zone for baptisms. We had 9 baptismal interviews in the entire zone. We are really trying to get those that have been going to church for a while to make commitments and be baptized. Being a leader in the mission has taught me a lot about baptism and confirmation. We have a lot of jobs that are mostly organizational, we keep records of the missionaries and investigators for the entire zone.

I have thought a lot about personal improvement this week, I am going to start more critical self-evaluation so I can see what I can do to become more Christlike and a better teacher. Constant improvement is one of the hardest things to have in this life. Retaining a good rate of improvement is something I want for the rest of my life, and I will specifically be trying to apply that this week with how I teach and how I learn.

Welp, I am pretty much out of time. I love you all and I really appreciate the individual emails that you send to me.
Love
Elder Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment