Monday, May 21, 2018

Batasan Hills





Elder Nelson and I had a really strong start in this area and in this zone. I have really big shoes to fill here – the person I am replacing just became the assistant to the president and he did really good work here. The ward is solid and we have already been doing a lot to try to build trust here. Elder Nelson has been here for a really long time so he is known by all the members, and the leaders really like him.

The teaching here with Elder Nelson is going really well. He is a good teacher and has a very strong drive. He is definitely my best non-Filipino companion at the language – he is good with his accent and speaking like a Filipino does. We have been waiting to be companions for a long time.

I think that one of the best things we are doing is supporting the individual companionships in our zone. There is so much potential here. As a zone, at least one companionship has baptized someone every week since January. If we can keep up the consistency of our work, we can really push this group of missionaries to new, bigger heights.

There is a lot of responsibility here, there is always so much to do and so much to learn. We are trying to be precise and organized so we can be effective in working with our missionaries. This has been a good way to learn about personal ministry and revelation. As I focus on the words of last general conference, I see a lot that I can work on to improve and change. As I do so, I will be continued to be blessed – just like the blessings I have already seen. 

I am not sure exactly what the next few months will hold, but I am excited about it. We are already seeing miracles with the people here in Batasan Hills and in our missionaries. 

We have had so many experiences, I can’t even begin to list them out. I will say, we had a baptism on Saturday which completed a part member family. Both parents are now active and preparing to enter the temple, while the two newly baptized kids are working well with their parents to become strong, active members for the rest of their lives.


Thank for listening. I can’t get out all the information I would like, I had a lot to write to my mission president about how things are going in the zone right now.

Thank you love you all

Love
Elder Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment