Monday, September 25, 2017

The Perfect Home

This letter today is going to be a bit different, I have a lot on my mind, I need to fix a lot of problems and I have very little time. That is pretty much the story of our lives right? We just feel like we don't have the time or we have too many problems. Well, I think that sometimes it comes to the point where it looks like everyone that had "it all figured out" before are having a hard time and the people that were really struggling before are in a good position.
    
I want to focus on one sentence that I read the other day, in a specific place that I will not tell you guys. It said: "The celestial kingdom is the continuation of the ideal home."

Let’s think about that for just a second.

If we go to the highest degree of the celestial kingdom, the feelings there should not be much different because we have already been working so hard to make our home filled with the spirit and good times. But I have noticed that sometimes in this life we do not allow ourselves to have and feel this in our own lives – or we try to take it away from others.

I write about this because my sister is Getting Married. That is right, Caroline Faulkner is going to be married. This is a thing that will actually happen. I love her so much and I am so excited that she has this opportunity.
     
Now you may be saying at this moment "But Jordan (that's weird), what are you talking about? That isn't happy! You will never be able to make it to the wedding!" I KNOW, and the most wonderful part is – it doesn't matter at all to me. Don't get me wrong, I will be sad. But the joy that Caroline and Thomas Collett will be able to have in their new home with their new lives together is much more important than anything I could have at this time. And then in the following years, I will be able to see them grow and become while I was over here serving in the Philippines.
     
Sometimes we miss the mark with family; we think we need to keep things the way they are – or that family is focused around one or two people. There is one person that you are expected to love as much as you love God. That is your husband or your wife. LITERALLY NO ONE ELSE, which means you need to do everything in your power to empower that relationship.

Now I know what you are thinking "Well Jordan (still weird), You know nothing about any of this – you are just a kid." Nice try, but that argument will do nothing. I have spent a long long time studying the plan that God has created for all of us, and I don't really think there is any room for hurt feelings – or for anything else of the sort. As a missionary of Jesus Christ, I represent him, I can say whatever I feel inspired to say.
       
Anyways, what we have to understand here is that I love you all. I know that my sister is doing an amazing thing; and all of you that have experienced that know about the pains and hardships that come with it. But you hopefully understand the goal here. I am so proud of my sister and what she is doing with her life. She will go far. I hope that everyone will support her fully in her decisions. It is probably already hard on them, but they need the support now more than ever.
     
Welp Marriage I know nothing about that. Good luck Caroline and Thomas

Culture: When the bride and the groom dance at weddings, Filipinos pin money to their clothes. The whole dance, they just get more and more money. It is very interesting. It is a good luck wishing that their marriage will be successful and will be fruitful.

Tagalesson: Kasal: marriage
Asawa: Spouse
Kaligayahan: Joy
“Ikakasal sina Caroline Faulkner at Thomas Collett.” = "Thomas and Caroline are getting married"
Mahal:love

Welp people. Go to Caroline's wedding.
Read the book of Mormon.
Teach people not lessons.

Love you all,

Elder Faulkner

Pictures:
My reading library

Outside the house


Elder Torres.

No comments:

Post a Comment