Monday, October 9, 2017

Boosting Bocaue Ward


Alrighty, so now we have plans for the area and plans for the ward. We’ve got some good things in store for all the good people of Bocaue. We are working on ways to take advantage of all the potential in this ward. They have been really kind to us in my stay here and we are going to use that trust to teach them what they can do to really make the ward amazing and reach a higher potential. It is really important for missionaries to leave their wards better when they leave than when they came into them. One thing I have learned is that as you work on individual’s problems and concerns, they start to branch out and affect others around them.

That is one of the things that we are going to do in this ward is we are going to focus on individuals and how that changes the ward members, their friends, and our less actives.
     
One way that we have started, is working on specific problems that our families have. I have actually found one of the families that I am here for. I believe I was called to this area for them specifically. We have started working with them to resolve concerns that they have in their home life. We find that our role as missionaries is really magnified and realized when we take the potential of one single family into consideration. We have been working with this family to help them to see what they could be compared to what they are now. Working closely with them has helped me realize what we can really do in this world for everyone around us.       

I like being companions with Elder Torres, he is doing really well, despite struggles with his health. He has taken up the work very well in this ward and I always look forward to what he has to share in the lessons.
       
I am running out of time. This has become an increasingly frequent thing in my life, as every week I seem to have more to write and less time to write it. So I will move onto more things about the culture.
Culture: "Isa lang ang diyos, Walang masama". People here are very open to tell you that it doesn’t matter what church you attend, as long as you believe in Jesus Christ. Now I am all for that last part about Jesus, but that first part doesn’t really do it for me. They will say that there is "walang masama" – which means “nothing evil”. Meaning, as long as you have a belief and stick by it, you aren’t doing anything wrong. Individual belief is important, but at the same time – God has requirements and it is impossible to pretend that those requirements don't exist. As soon as something is taken away from those truths, the fulness doesn’t exist anymore and you have a lack. And God doesn’t lack anything. This is one saying that you will hear a lot here in terms of religion and it can be stressful to hear sometimes.

Tagalesson: See picture number 4, a page from the book.

Alrighty so thank you muchly, I think next week I will be able to write more and talk more about the families that we have here in Bocaue.

Love

Elder Faulkner

Pictures:

Mendoza Family (the one I mentioned earlier)


We made pancakes

#kittenforgotaboutthispic

Tagalesson naman.


No comments:

Post a Comment