Monday, March 26, 2018

As the weeks pass by like days


Hello everyone,

How was your week? Mine was pretty good. We had a good zone conference, and we focused a lot on time and why it is important. It is interesting to think that time is our most important resource and it is the thing that everyone wants more of, but people also tend to waste a lot of it. I have also wasted a lot of time, and I will probably end up wasting a lot more, but it helped me focus on thinking about what my priorities are and how I can best use my time to achieve my goals and get done what I want to get done.

We also thought a lot about the pattern that God has created for us; the pattern that we receive light and blessings into our lives, depending on our own obedience and willingness to change. Elder Ewing and I gave a workshop about that – about how when we follow the plan that God has, He trusts us more and allows us to better show his light to others. This process allows us to have the spirit and help others change their lives.

We are still working hard with the Malanday Ward in order to help reactivate those who have been gone for a long time. We want to help complete families. We talked a lot about that as a mission, we need to focus on making families complete in the church again. It is a big work to do, especially when it seems like some families do not want to be together. We are there to show the blessings and help them make it down the path again.

Right now, as a missionary, I really like the work we are doing. It seems that every single day you do such small work and you can’t really see the difference in people's lives. Eventually you see a big difference that has taken place over that time. We have some days now that I can really see the help we give to people. We give them ways to change and discover the truth, we allow them to better make decisions for their lives. We are in the business of informing people what they could have, and helping them achieve that.

I am learning a lot, focusing on humility and self improvement – which tend to go together. I hope that you are all doing well.

BTW we baptized a kid named Pacman.

Well I should probably have some more to say than this, but my mind is running out of things. I wish you all a great week.

Love
Elder Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment