Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Cant stay in one place


Welp, looks like I am moving again, I only lasted these 6 weeks in Malanday but it was very fun time. We have seen some great miracles and spiritual experiences. Tomorrow I will be moving to the largest barangay in the Philippines.

Barangay is like neighborhood. It is a section of houses in which people live. Normally they are not very organized, but they can be very large.
Bagong Silang, has a lot of people in it, and it is a large relocation center from metro Manila. There are about a million people there, and I don’t know if that is far from the truth, this will be my first real time in the city.
My companion in Bagong Silang will be Elder Kauffman. I have met him once before and he seems like a pretty solid missionary. He is struggling in the language and I will be sent to help him with that. I look forward to my time in Bagong Silang. Hopefully we can do some great things over there.
I am on the last book in the Book of Mormon. I will finish the book of Moroni later on tonight and I will have finished the Book of Mormon in Tagalog. Then I will finish writing the book that I have already started.
I will be leaving Elder Ewing. This is the longest that I have ever had a single companion. We had a good time together and I learned a lot about helping people being strengthened in the gospel. We have really helped the ward with helping the families in their daily family prayer and family scripture study. It may seem like a small victory but we know how large it is by the effect it has on the individual families.

This last Sunday, we had a man named Jun Jun come back to church. We had never met him before. While talking to him, we found out that he has had an interesting and a little bit overwhelming past. Yesterday, we got to teach him in his house. He has been through a lot and we have only seen the beginning. He said that our lesson really impacted him. He reminds me that no matter where anyone is, they still have the capacity to change and to reconcile with God. He is a very special person and I have seen very few people that are that close to the spirit. Sadly, I will be moving on but I have great faith that he will live through the next phase of his life giving everything to God.

Thank you all for listening. I will put some picture on that we took with Jun.

I love you all have a wonderful week.
Love
Elder Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment