Tuesday, August 7, 2018

The Fairview life, kinda grows on ya.


We got transfers again, now I am not the one that is moving. Elder Pajarin was only here for one transfer and now he is returning to a ward he has served in previously. He was only there for one transfer, so we will see if he stays there longer this time. I will be getting a new companion – Elder Cadayong. He is a solid missionary and very focused. He is a Filipino that grew up in Colorado, had to learn the language just like any other foreigner. We will be hard focused on progression in the zone and in the area. Right now, we are seeing a lot of hard work from our missionaries. In terms of focused missionaries, we have one of the best zones in the mission. Almost everyone is pushing themselves to do great work and we are seeing a huge change.                  

Missionaries want to be successful. When people are in a position that they enjoy, they will put forth a good effort in their work. When people are in a hard position and do not feel like they will be successful, they get sad and discouraged, then they stop doing effective work. One of the most important roles of a leader is to put his missionaries in a position to thrive so that they can feel successful. It isn’t always easy, but it is something that we focus on. We do what we must, because we can.

I am looking forward with hope. I think this is the time to be more committed and see good success in the area. Last week, we had 9 investigators make it to church! We are gonna keep pushing this to see the progress I know that we can have. Elder Cadayong and I will be working hard ceaselessly.

This week I finally got to work on my book again, I submitted it to president and it will officially be going to all of the foreign missionaries that come into our mission. The goal is to put them in a position to thrive and be successful. It is a good feeling to have written a book, even if it isn’t a regular book. It is something I put effort into and can see the result of that effort.

We will be working hard and bringing you many stories in the next few weeks promise.

I love you all Keep on keeping on.
Elder Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment