Monday, June 11, 2018

Big Changes


So last week I hinted that their may be very large changes happening in my companionship and in the area that I have been working. Here they are:
·         Elder Nelson is now on a special assignment to Map 4 wards.
·         I get to go back to Bocaue this Thursday to map my old area.
·         His companion is Elder Villanueva
·         My new companion is Elder Lutz
o   Elder Villanueva's last companion
·         We now have two wards:
o   Bagong Silangan
o   Batasan Hills 2nd
·         We are almost finished with the mapping in our whole stake
·         We are close to normal missionary work
·         We tried the JIFFY in our ward and it didn’t work out as well as we had hoped
·         We are trying again next week
·          Got a new baptismal board for the whole mission that I helped design
·         Helped redefine weekly planning in MLC
·         Talked to Elder Ewing about how to do mapping, and about my old investigators
·         #puyat
·         Apologizing to all readers that this is the format I am using today
·         Learned a lot about evaluation of myself and other people
·         Learned that planning is literally everything this week
·         Rainy season started
o   Got rained on really hard
§  Rain didn’t stop
·         Found a broken umbrella
o   Used broken umbrella
§  Found better umbrella
·         Used Better Umbrella
o   Gonna buy a good umbrella
·         All my Clothes are wet
·         Trying not to get Dengue (I won’t get Dengue) 
·         Honestly, I am safe from dengue I have taken the necessary precautions.
·         We had 2 baptisms
o   but no confirmation
·         Studied 2 Nephi, Chapter 9 (
o   blew my mind over and over again


Well those are a lot of the things that happened.
I will share with you a little bit of what I have learned because I am still learning it.
When looking at a situation where one person has failed, and one person has succeeded, most of the time we ask ourselves why the person failed. If we take Satan and Jesus Christ as an example. We can analyze all we want about Satan’s fall and what he did wrong and what he did right – but in the end, we will learn a lot more asking the question "What was it that allowed Jesus Christ to succeed?" This course of analysis will allow us to see what we can do to be like that person. Jesus had all the more reason to be prideful, He had all the more reason to fall – but something about him allowed him to succeed. Find out what that is, and you might just have the key to the universe...

Well, love you all.
Keep it going, and if it isn’t going, get it going.
Love you
Elder Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment