Monday, June 4, 2018

Fairview, This is the place


We are currently working on making this stake the first stake in the Philippines that is 100% GPS mapped. Which means we will know all of the active and less active members within ward boundaries and we will be able to get more accurate numbers on who actually lives around the church and in the surrounding areas.
       
This mapping should lead us into a new stage of missionary work, where we are able to work with the wards and stake to reactivate members and bring them back into the church. Elder Nelson and I are acting as Stake clerks, fixing all the clerical errors in each member’s account. We take the more accurate address information and find the people to make sure they actually live there still. If the information is correct and current, we place their house on the internet map. At that point, everyone has accurate information about the people that live around them. This will also work in the future when new people come into the ward or are baptized. We will be able to map their houses immediately and these problems will never happen ever again.
       
After all this is done, we will be only focusing on working with the members and teaching investigators. We will be bringing out the JIFFY into every ward and be doing in on the ward level. Most of our missionaries are really excited for this next phase and are looking happily towards the future. As we are working with the missionaries to finish all this up and start the next phase, we will be working on teaching skills and other things that we can do to improve our work quality.
       
Elder Nelson may be called on for a very special assignment very soon. If that happens, I might be left with another missionary and have to do most of the zone leader responsibilities by myself. If that happens, it will be an interesting time in my mission. We will know by this coming week. And then you can know what his secret mission is.
     
There may be a lot of changes that come about in the work and the mission. I like doing the work this way better than the way I started. So far in the time with President Hughes, we have jumped in progression. Even though our total number of missionaries has gone down, we have gone up in baptisms and trust from the members. I love both my mission presidents and I have learned so much from both of them.
       
This week was zone conference and we learned a lot. We gave a workshop about reading the Book of Mormon and I realized that I have learned a lot about the Book of Mormon on my mission. I have learned how to give hours to study it and get close to the words of the prophets. It makes me happy to see that personal revelation in my life and I encourage you all to do the same in your life. Find a way to receive personal revelation.
       
I love you all I will have updates for you next week.

Love
Elder Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment