Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Kawawa Dam


We did a zone activity, pictures to follow I can’t send all the pictures, but I will just share the album with my sister Lisa and she can post the pictures wherever she wants. Siya ang Bahala. For the Zone activity, we went to Wawa Dam. It was actually really fun. It was about a 7-minute walk, after a 1-hour jeep ride. We saw some big rocks and some water and a lot of trees. I had a good time. 10/10 would do again. We went with the whole zone and only some people complained. So that is pretty good.

For the last couple weeks, I have been evolving my Taglish skills. Normally when someone speaks Taglish, it is mostly Tagalog but then you mix in some English words that pretty much everyone understands. Now that I have been here in the Philippines for so long, there are some bagay that are just more mahirap to express in English, so I tend to put the Tagalog word there so that it comes out a little more mabilis. Now this is more mahirap for some iba to understand, but for me it is great because it makes things so much easier. Basta I have come to love this language and I will be sad to leave it behind. The first few weeks might be really hard with switching back to speaking English exclusively. I will have to hanap some Filipinos. 

That being said, we are still on for the goal for 15 baptisms. We are really seeing a good difference in our investigators as we focus on baptism more and more. This last Saturday we had 4 baptisms (pictures to follow): Karen Pasco, Bryan Pasco, Gloria Gonzaga, and Jemuel Gonzaga, One completed family and one that is starting off. We were so excited about this because we have been working with these four for a little while and we have really seen their desire to make that change in their lives. They are all amazing wonderful people and I am sure that they will keep strong in the gospel.

Good week, Good work, doing great things seeing great miracles. Teaching great people.

I love you all. Keep up the great work. Don’t think about me coming home – I am sure that it will come eventually. As for me, I am trying to think of it more so it feels like a longer time away... Joke lang... Or maybe, not sure what to think anymore.

Love,

Elder Faulkner







No comments:

Post a Comment