Monday, September 17, 2018

The last transfer...



So this week was transfer announcements. We will have 8 companionships in the zone:  Me and Elder Cadayong, 1 other regular companionship, and then every other companionship will have a trainee missionary. 3 of those have only been in the mission for 6 weeks. The other 3 will be completely new on this coming Wednesday. As some of the biggest batches of missionaries are headed out, some of the biggest batches are also coming in.

Elder Cadayong and I will both be staying this transfer. I will live out the rest of my mission here in Batasan hills with Elder Cadayong. We are gonna get all the people we are teaching baptized and we are gonna find a lot more that will be baptized after I go. This area is really great. We are getting solid help from the ward. We have seen a big result of their effort in bringing people to Christ.

We had another baptism this week – the oldest person I will probably ever baptize. His name is Tatay Andronico. He is one of my favorite people to teach, but at the same time it is so hard to teach him. 

Andronico has a very strong faith and he speaks mostly exclusively Cebuano, which I speak very little of. But I love him a lot. We also got some great pictures with him. 

Yesterday we went to his house and decided to show him the restoration video in Cebuano. He just started talking to us in pure Cebuano, and I couldn’t understand him at all. We left him to watch the movie without us. It was a great experience. We are also now teaching one of his close friends, who has now been to church twice. Her name is Emma.

This coming Saturday, we have a scheduled baptism for John Jay Espina. We have tried to share the gospel with his family, but they are not interested. He will be the pioneering member in his family and he has shown the necessary faith to be able to do that. Will send pics.

Well I am pretty much out of time. Love you all, keep on keeping on. I will keep the pictures coming.






Love

Elder Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment