Tuesday, July 17, 2018

French Toast


For all of you that plan on going on missions, might I make a suggestion:

Learn how to cook things with only 3 ingredients. There are plenty of things that only require 3 ingredients, let me show you one.

French toast:
Bread
Eggs
Syrup

That easy

I taught my companion Elder Pajarin about this and he literally cooked French Toast every single day for the next week. Even now, it is usually a weird day if we don’t have French Toast. It makes it easy when you only have to mix 3 things and then you are done. Note, when counting the 3 ingredients – I don’t count rice, as most of what we eat is on top of rice. Chicken Potatoes and the sweet chili sauce you buy at Puregold is a counted 3 ingredient meal. It is pretty great. Makes cooking really easy. Try it and it will change your life.

In other news. My Dad sent me Umbrellas. The rainy season just started so they showed up just in time. We got umbrellas out to our whole zone and then another zone as well. A lot of missionaries needed umbrellas and we didn’t even know. So, shout out to my dad who has always had a knack for doing things spontaneously and doing things that have a good impact. Pictures to follow.

This week we have a missionary with Dengue in the hospital, her name is Sister Calapini. Pray for her.

If you don’t know about Dengue it is a killer disease; it literally kills people. It lowers your blood-platelet count and it makes you throw up and have a fever of like 104-105 degrees. If I have learned two things on my mission it is
1. God loves us all as His children and
2. DO NOT GET DENGUE.

Wow.
Lots going on. We did the ward JIFFY and we got the members to write down more than 400 people that they know (collectively). The next few weeks will be about following up on each of these people – individually -and going to them with the members. It is good to see members getting involved; we will be doing that for a long while now.

Anyways, I am gonna head out. Love you all

My cousin Christian is getting back from his mission in a week or so. He is a really cool guy so hit him up.

Love you all
Elder Faulkner




No comments:

Post a Comment