Monday, July 9, 2018

NIMP


We have started something new, and it kinda worked. 
It is called NIMP

NIMP means New Investigator Member Present.
We have been tracking every time our missionaries teach someone new with a member present at the appointment.
We have seen our missionaries almost double the amount of people that they were adding to their teaching pools! Over half of those people were found with a member present in that lesson.

Now if you don’t really understand what that means, here is a small explanation:

As missionaries we teach a lot of people. A lot those people we stumble upon. Sometimes find someone that is already familiar with the church and even knows someone that is a member – this is important, as it gives support to that things that we teach.

Through tracking this, we see that the missionaries can better fill their calling by getting members involved in the finding and teaching of new investigators.

This also helps the members to change their perspective on missionary work. They can see that they can be a big part of the work, even in just 30 minutes or an hour. And through that first lesson, more people understand the nature of the church, and the purpose of the missionaries.

Well that is that, what else happened...

This week we focused on finding more members that would help us with the work and we are making plans to hit high goals. We aim not only to change things temporarily, but to make goals that will change things in our current ward on a long-term scale. 

So far in the work, I feel like I have not been as successful as I could have been. I am always learning, and I feel like the first half of my mission was spent being unable to completely influence the work because I hadn’t yet learned what I needed to; whether in the language, in teaching, or in so many other things. Now I feel like I know a lot more and the struggle is to apply it at all times. I learned an important lesson about that this week it goes as follows:

Knowledge is to Wisdom as Belief is to Faith

This holds a lot of meaning to me, as it describes the difference of having knowledge and actually using it. Someone could know everything in the world, but if they never use and apply that knowledge it is literally useless to them.

Oftentimes our lives boil down to the question of: How effectively do I use what I know to get something that I want?

Then the question can be asked: What do you actually want? Is the problem in the amount of knowledge you have? Or is it just a problem with how much we are actually applying what we know?


Those are important questions. We should all start asking ourselves and finding out what we want and what we gonna do to get it...

Well good luck with that love you all
Peace
Elder Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment