Monday, July 2, 2018

Getting Back to Normal?


This is the time that things might be getting back to the normal schedule in missionary work. We finally had a good few days in the area to visit those that we are teaching. We actually have a lot of people to teach right now, but they are not coming to church. A lot of them are interested in the church but are still having the set back of not taking the necessary step of church attendance. We have created a specific plan for next week: Ask a member to go to the home of an investigator on Sunday morning and personally invite them to church. We will do this for every single investigator.

This week with Elder Pajarin was great. I have started speaking Tagalog again about 95% of the time, allowing for the occasional English joke. He really wants to get better at English, and I want to get better at Tagalog. Having a companion who is a native speaker of the language you want to speak, really helps improve your language skills. One thing I have noticed is that even over a short 5 days, I am already starting to think in Tagalog again. I missed that a lot. It is very different to have random thoughts in a different language, even if it was not my intention to think in that language. I know that happens more in places where people are completely surrounded in the language that they speak.

This week was overall very good; our zone is looking very solid. We have a few companionships that are doing amazing work and exceeding many expectations. As zone leaders, we just praise them and enable them to do their work better.

Well, I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week. Things might be changing soon, so I will make sure that I update you on that when it happens.

Love
Elder Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment